[gopher] gopher server security. WAS: gopher hosting

J. R. Johnstone johnstone.jr at gmail.com
Thu May 12 23:57:46 UTC 2016

Long time lurker here. Though I do appreciate the work you all do to keep
gopher going.

I am thinking of running a gopher server on a VPS I have with Linode.

I wanted to gauge all your guy's opinions about how secure it would be to
host a gopher server on a VPS that also had web sites.  What I am getting
at is do you think modern gopher servers are secure enough or should I
isolate it to its own VPS?  I understand nothings truly secure,  I have a
firewall set up, I monitor traffic and the like.  Just general thoughts you
might want to share.

Warmest regards,

J. R. Johnstone