[gopher] gopher server security. WAS: gopher hosting

Mateusz Viste mateusz at viste.fr
Fri May 13 17:52:05 UTC 2016

Simply close your gopher server daemon inside a jail, if you are really
scared. Even if the gopher daemon gets somehow hacked, the attacker
won't be able to get out of jail anyway.

Motsognir provides native support for jailed instances, on top of being
written with utter care about security and isolation.

http://motsognir.sourceforge.net

You might want to read the security chapter of the Motsognir's manual as
well (page 19). A link to the manual is provided on the website above.

Mateusz