[gopher] Using Mac OS X to open gopher:// links

Michael Beaveridge michael.beaveridge at gmail.com
Sat May 21 06:17:30 UTC 2016

If you are using Mac OS X you can change the programme that defaults when you click a link, like gopher:// - this site tells you how to do that:

http://superuser.com/questions/548119/how-do-i-configure-custom-url-handlers-on-os-x

You need to add the value in the array:

<dict>
	<key>LSHandlerURLScheme</key>
	<string>gopher</string>
	<key>LSHandlerRoleAll</key>
	<string>org.mozilla.firefox</string>
	<key>LSHandlerPreferredVersions</key>
	<dict>
		<key>LSHandlerRoleAll</key>
		<string>-</string>
	</dict>
</dict>

using the proper string (in the case of firefox org.mozilla.firefox is the string).  *OR*

You can download rubicode’s RCDefaultApp preference pane and change it there.

http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCDefaultApp/

If you need more information email me off list.

.michael