[gopher] Tor for Gopher

Mateusz Viste mateusz at nospam.viste.fr
Wed Mar 1 09:34:09 UTC 2017

It would seem you are contradicting yourself. If SSL is not able to
guarantee "who am I talking to", then the whole encryption point is moot.
Doing a MITM on SSL is easy if you disregard the CA part of the scheme -
myself, I did it many times (for good reasons!). It's as trivial as
setting up a SSL proxy with a fake CA. Yes, encryption is there, between
the client and my proxy. Then, it may also be present between my proxy
and the destination server, but on the proxy itself I can comfortably
dump your credit card number.

Shortly said, if we assume that the entire CA business is worthless, then
so is SSL.

Mateusz