[gopher] Gopher & Chrome OS

Bradley D. Thornton Bradley at NorthTech.US
Sat Mar 11 20:30:02 UTC 2017

On 3/8/2017 8:08 AM, Walter Vermeir wrote:

>  I attempted to submit the Gopher app to the Android store but that
> will not work. It is indeed a complex procedure. I looked at the guide
> about it and I do not think I would be able to do that as non-programmer.
>
> And to try it I need to pay  $25 for a developers account at Google.
>
> So ... no Gopher app in de play store yet.

Hi Walter,

This is FOSS, so instead of the gplay store, why not create a github
repo (if there isn't one already for this) and submit it to F-Droid?

I know I've mentioned this before in some thread here, not sure if it
was to you or not :)

At https://f-droid.org/contribute/ the following is stated (screenie
follows):

https://content.screencast.com/users/NorthTech.US/folders/Jing/media/560f30b0-62fe-4c83-89b3-6664a89a482c/2017-03-11_1200.png

Here is the inclusion policy - it's pretty simple and straight-forward
(Must be FOSS):
https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/Inclusion_Policy

The manual (in various convenient formats) is here:
https://f-droid.org/manual/

The new forums are here: https://forum.f-droid.org/

And more information on submissions are here: https://gitlab.com/fdroid/rfp

Good luck with your submission and thanks for offering to make the app
available in a repo for Android users!

Kindest regards,

Bradley

.