[gopher] Future of this list, etc.

Matt Owen (Jaruzel) jaruzel at jaruzel.com
Sun Oct 1 16:39:49 UTC 2017

In article <20171001150738.69D61101C53DB at r-36.net>, 20h-
hp7/j35RrEI at public.gmane.org says...

>I  think  the  discussion has come to the state of practical implementa-
>tion.

What are we actaully trying to fix here?

As the problems with the admin of the mailing list has now been effectively
fixed, the only thing now driving us to find a new home, is that the alioth
hosted mailinglist server is being shut down, is this correct?

Assuming:
1. Gmane.org NNTP is still staying online?
2. We can't migrate to lists.debian.org? (it's an option in the announcement
about alioth shutting down)

If it's just a case of losing the mailinglist system and we can't move to
lists.debian.org, then surely thats an easy fix with a low-cost server (such
as the new gopherproject.org server) ?

Developing a 'complete replacement' solution seems overkill if the Gmane NNTP
stays up.

-Matt