[gopher] Future of this list, etc.

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Sun Oct 1 20:04:01 UTC 2017

Christoph writes:

> So  for  now  there are two newsgroups: gmane.network.gopher.general for
> the mailinglist and comp.infosystems.gopher.

Nope, Gmane is using NNTP, but is not part of usenet.

> The questions which we need to answer are:
> 1. Will we move to gmane.network.gopher.general or comp.infosystems.gopher?

"Moving to gmane.n.g.g" does not make sense, Gmane is a mailing list to
NNTP gateway - every article on Gmane comes from a mailing list.

As far as I can see there is nothing stopping the participants of this
mailing list from using the usenet group instead, right now.

If a mailing list is preferred, Gmane can provide an NNTP interface for
a new list, as it does for the current list.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Static websites are fast, yet powerful and seen as          Adam Sjøgren
  the next big thing in publishing to internet."         asjo at koldfront.dk