[gopher] Future of this mailing list

Christoph Lohmann 20h at r-36.net
Wed Oct 18 14:44:49 UTC 2017

Greetings.

On Wed, 18 Oct 2017 16:44:49 +0200 John Goerzen <jgoerzen at complete.org> wrote:
> There are several options we could pursue:
>
> 1) Migration to lists.debian.org
>
> 2) Migration to Google Groups
>
> 3) Migration to some other service (which?)
>
> First, on option #1:

If this is possible it would be the best option.

Thanks for your offer to take the migration!

> On Option 2, there are all the pros and cons of Google Groups that most

Please no Google. Google is worse than the NSA.

> On Option 3, I think we would just want to make sure that whatever we
> find isn't run just by a single person -- in other words, no single
> point of failure.

There  was  the  discussion of moving to NNTP. If everything is a simple
database migration and to a new host, no big hassle will happen.

Sincerely,

Christoph Lohmann