[gopher] Future of this mailing list

Ciprian Dorin Craciun ciprian.craciun at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 15:22:42 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 5:44 PM, Christoph Lohmann <20h at r-36.net> wrote:
>> 1) Migration to lists.debian.org

As an alternate (I don't think anyone mentioned it in the other
thread) we could use LibreList, which already hosts quite a few lists:

  http://librelist.com/archives/lists.html

It is used for example by the YAJL JSON library, and (I think) it is
run by Zed Shaw.  (I have no affiliation with them, but I once chosen
this as an alternative for Sourceforge.)

Another option, which might be "philosophically" more closer to Gopher
is the Suckless community, which might allow us to host the list on
their servers.  (I didn't find any info about this topic, but it
wouldn't hurt to ask them.)

  https://suckless.org/community

>> 2) Migration to Google Groups

This would be quite an irony...  :) :) :)

>> 3) Migration to some other service (which?)

Please don't use NNTP...  As -- again an irony -- I guess quite a few
subscribers use webmail, Android / iOS native clients, and many other
MUA's that don't support NNTP...

Ciprian.