[Guessnet-devel] Priority of profiles

Leon Bogaert leon at tim-online.nl
Mon May 26 15:17:40 UTC 2008

Hi Massimiliano,

The Tim_online essid exists:
root at polly:~# iwlist wlan0 scanning |grep Tim_online
                    ESSID:"Tim_online"

This is the output with "closed" in the _tim rule:
guessnet: Found network Tim_online
guessnet: Testing wireless essid USR5464
guessnet: Testing wireless essid USR5464/essid: fail as essid "Tim_online" is not "USR5464"
guessnet: Testing wireless essid Tim_online closed
guessnet: Testing wireless essid Tim_online closed: essid passed
guessnet: Testing wireless essid Tim_online closed: network Tim_online isOpen is 0, flags 800
guessnet: Testing wireless essid Tim_online closed: closed network passed
guessnet: Testing wireless essid Tim_online closed: match successful
guessnet: wireless essid Tim_online closed matched network Tim_online
guessnet: Testing wireless open
guessnet: Testing wireless open: network Tim_online isOpen is 0, flags 800
guessnet: Testing wireless open/open: failed because network is closed

Without "closed" in the rule:
guessnet: Found network Tim_online
guessnet: Testing wireless essid USR5464
guessnet: Testing wireless essid USR5464/essid: fail as essid "Tim_online" is not "USR5464"
guessnet: Testing wireless essid Tim_online
guessnet: Testing wireless essid Tim_online: essid passed
guessnet: Testing wireless essid Tim_online: match successful
guessnet: wireless essid Tim_online matched network Tim_online
guessnet: Testing wireless open
guessnet: Testing wireless open: network Tim_online isOpen is 0, flags 800
guessnet: Testing wireless open/open: failed because network is closed

In both cases this output is returned;
guessnet: Removing candidate wlan0-01_home
guessnet: Removing candidate wlan0-02_tim
guessnet: Keeping candidate wlan0-03_open

Is it maybe the underscore in the essid that it trips over?

Thanks for your help!

Leon