[helix-maintainers] Sarge debs & new repo

Thomas Maurer tma@hispeed.ch
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:56:18 +0200

Am Die, den 24.08.2004 schrieb Wouter van Heyst um 11:45:
> On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 03:54:13PM +0200, Thomas Maurer wrote:
> > Moin moin,
> >
> > I installed a new repository for sarge and sid debs, adapted the
> > gen-index.sh script and uploaded sarge-i386 debs of the helix-player
> >
> > It would be nice when you (Wouter) could build sarge debs on your ppc
> > machine. Just put up a new base-file with pbuilder with --distribution
> > sarge and then use this image for building.
>
> I'm not sure about your wording, do you have any guidelins for setting
> up a sarge pbuilder chroot next to my sid one? I'm going to attempt
> setting one up now, we'll see how far I get.

Hm, ok I'll write you some short guidelines :).

See `man pbuilder` for details.

1. sudo pbuilder create --basetgz path/to/sarge.tgz --distribution sarge
2. always when you wanna build debs for sarge, add '--distribution sarge
--basetgz path/to/sarge.tgz' to the pdebuild/pbuilder command.

My directory structure:
$home/build
$home/build/pbuilder
$home/build/pbuilder/bases/{sid.tgz,sarge.tgz}
$home/build/pbuilder/build [here does pbuilder place the chroot,
specified in ~/.pbuilderrc (copy /etc/pbuilderrc to ~/.pbuilderrc btw)]
$home/build/pbuilder/result
$home/build/{helix,...} [all the sources]

Thomas