[helix-maintainers] Sarge debs & new repo

Wouter van Heyst wouter@vidicode.org
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:44:51 +0200

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 11:51:45PM +0200, Thomas Maurer wrote:
> btw, there's an easy way for you for creating sarge debs.
>
> add 'deb-src http://helix.alioth.debian.org/deb sarge main' to your
> sources.list, then do 'apt-get source helix-player' and build these
> sources with your pbuilder sarge tar-file.

I did that, but a subsequent 'apt-get source helix-player -t sarge' results in:

	Reading Package Lists... Done
	Building Dependency Tree... Done
	Need to get 17.4MB of source archives.
	Err http://helix.alioth.debian.org sarge/main helix-player 1.0.0-1sarge (dsc)
	  404 Not Found
	Err http://helix.alioth.debian.org sarge/main helix-player 1.0.0-1sarge (tar)
	  404 Not Found
	Err http://helix.alioth.debian.org sarge/main helix-player 1.0.0-1sarge (diff)
	  404 Not Found
	Failed to fetch http://helix.alioth.debian.org/deb/./helix-player_1.0.0-1sarge.dsc  404 Not Found
	Failed to fetch http://helix.alioth.debian.org/deb/./helix-player_1.0.0.orig.tar.gz  404 Not Found
	Failed to fetch http://helix.alioth.debian.org/deb/./helix-player_1.0.0-1sarge.diff.gz  404 Not Found
	E: Failed to fetch some archives.

Looks like something went wrong in the transition from a flat archive. In the meantime, I've just downloaded by hand.
Some questions:

	- Do you have a strategy for branching sarge/sid versions? (Oh dear, I might have already said it :)
	- How about building from cvs?
	- Should the buildrc end up in the debian package as it does now?
	- What exact orig tarball are we using? A recently downloaded tarball from
		https://player.helixcommunity.org/2004/downloads/ gives
		33f8229dd841a7e305228a2aadc000cc  helixplayer1.0-gold-source.tar.bz2

> The sarge and the sid source file (.tar.gz) is exactly the same, only
> the diff.gz has a different version in the changelog file.

Aye.

Wouter