[helix-maintainers] Sarge debs & new repo

Thomas Maurer tma@hispeed.ch
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:32:31 +0200

Am Mit, den 25.08.2004 schrieb Wouter van Heyst um 16:44:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 11:51:45PM +0200, Thomas Maurer wrote:
> > btw, there's an easy way for you for creating sarge debs.
> >
> > add 'deb-src http://helix.alioth.debian.org/deb sarge main' to your
> > sources.list, then do 'apt-get source helix-player' and build these
> > sources with your pbuilder sarge tar-file.
>
> I did that, but a subsequent 'apt-get source helix-player -t sarge' results in:
>
> 	Reading Package Lists... Done
> 	Building Dependency Tree... Done
> 	Need to get 17.4MB of source archives.
> 	Err http://helix.alioth.debian.org sarge/main helix-player 1.0.0-1sarge (dsc)
> 	  404 Not Found
> 	Err http://helix.alioth.debian.org sarge/main helix-player 1.0.0-1sarge (tar)
> 	  404 Not Found
> 	Err http://helix.alioth.debian.org sarge/main helix-player 1.0.0-1sarge (diff)
> 	  404 Not Found
> 	Failed to fetch http://helix.alioth.debian.org/deb/./helix-player_1.0.0-1sarge.dsc  404 Not Found
> 	Failed to fetch http://helix.alioth.debian.org/deb/./helix-player_1.0.0.orig.tar.gz  404 Not Found
> 	Failed to fetch http://helix.alioth.debian.org/deb/./helix-player_1.0.0-1sarge.diff.gz  404 Not Found
> 	E: Failed to fetch some archives.

Jap, the generation of the Sources.gz file seems to take the wrong path.
Will fix that tomorrow (after my last exam :)).

> Looks like something went wrong in the transition from a flat archive. In the meantime, I've just downloaded by hand.
> Some questions:
>
> 	- Do you have a strategy for branching sarge/sid versions? (Oh dear, I might have already said it :)

What do you mean with 'branching sarge/sid versions'? I think we build
all our debs twice: one for sid, one for sarge. Or did you meant
anything else? =)

> 	- How about building from cvs?

The server + producer are currently CVS versions (branch HEAD). I think
I missed your point, though ;).

> 	- Should the buildrc end up in the debian package as it does now?

I think yes, otherwise ribosome isn't happy. I could be wrong, but if
it's not needed, we drop it.

> 	- What exact orig tarball are we using? A recently downloaded tarball from
> 		https://player.helixcommunity.org/2004/downloads/ gives
> 		33f8229dd841a7e305228a2aadc000cc  helixplayer1.0-gold-source.tar.bz2

The current tarball is generated by the scripts I sent you some time
ago. It's just a clean download of the bingo-gold branch via ribosome.

Thomas