[helix-maintainers] Sarge debs & new repo

Thomas Maurer tma@hispeed.ch
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 01:17:15 +0200

Am Fre, den 27.08.2004 schrieb Wouter van Heyst um 9:47:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 06:32:31PM +0200, Thomas Maurer wrote:
> > Jap, the generation of the Sources.gz file seems to take the wrong path.
> > Will fix that tomorrow (after my last exam :)).
>
> How did your exam go?

It was ok :). I get the results in one week.

> > > Looks like something went wrong in the transition from a flat archive. In the meantime, I've just downloaded by hand.
> > > Some questions:
> > >
> > > 	- Do you have a strategy for branching sarge/sid versions? (Oh dear, I might have already said it :)
> >
> > What do you mean with 'branching sarge/sid versions'? I think we build
> > all our debs twice: one for sid, one for sarge. Or did you meant
> > anything else? =)
>
> Yes, but I mean keeping track of the changelogs in cvs, HEAD being sid
> and a branch for sarge or so?

I already use cvs for the debian-dirs, installing a branch is on my todo
list.

> > > 	- How about building from cvs?
> >
> > The server + producer are currently CVS versions (branch HEAD). I think
> > I missed your point, though ;).
>
> Heh, using debian/ from helix.alioth.debian.org cvs :)

http://cvs.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/?cvsroot=helix

Hint: helix-client == helix-player  [source pkgs]

> > > 	- Should the buildrc end up in the debian package as it does now?
> >
> > I think yes, otherwise ribosome isn't happy. I could be wrong, but if
> > it's not needed, we drop it.
>
> I think it's not needed after the build. Will have a go at removing it.

Yes, after the build of course not. But for the building it's needed.
ribosome needs the BIF-paths otherwise it won't find the bif-files.

> > The current tarball is generated by the scripts I sent you some time
> > ago. It's just a clean download of the bingo-gold branch via ribosome.
>
> Hmkay, there is still activity in upstream cvs, we're not tracking that,
> are we?

Jap, there will be a 1.0.1 release with i10n-updates and bugfixes. When
this is released, I update the tarball with my make-script. Do you think
we should use the official tarballs from hc.org?

The current 1.0.0 tarball is at the moment not up-to-date with the
bingo-gold branch. I did the download of this tarball when 1.0.0 was
released.

Thomas