Testing fast parallell boot with Debian?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Fri Apr 14 07:14:01 UTC 2006

[Jonathan Ballet]
> Hi,
>
> I just try your tips, to see if it changes something on my machine.
> You can find the different bootcharts on
> http://multani.info/debian/bootchart/

Thank you.  This was very interesting.  I am surprised the startpar
option didn't have more effect on the boot speed.  I expected it to at
least increase the disk throughput.  Looking at the graphs, I suspect
some readahead program started early in the boot could decrease the
amount of IO wait during boot.

I will need to analyze it a bit more to try to understand why your
boot is so slow.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen