LSB-compliant init-scripts as release goal.

Gustavo Franco gustavorfranco at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 03:11:34 UTC 2006

On 7/9/06, martin f krafft <madduck at debian.org> wrote:
> also sprach Gustavo Franco <gustavorfranco at gmail.com> [2006.07.09.0401 +0200]:
> > Sure, it sounds. Have you noticed that somebody else already
> > started (if not finnished already) it ? Please read again my first
> > message, i'm sure you missed some important points.
>
> I know; I have not received a single patch for my packages yet,
> which just tells me that there's still stuff to do. Get the rest of
> the project involved when that stuff's done.
>
> Again, my 2¢. Feel free not to listen.

Martin,

Are you aware of this[0] and this[1] ? That's what i meant with "Since
Carlos' work is going well" and "Open bugs with patches if possible
(Is it being done, right? ...".

I've drafted the current todo list to consider LSB init-scripts as a
release goal that intentionally conflicts with Carlos' work timetable
(check at his website[0]). I did a call for change part of the process
to push it for Etch (again: "since carlos' work is going well"). It
wasn't a "well great, now that we're done with patches and stuff, let
us piss of some maintainers".

Closing, this mailing list isn't "the rest of the project", so i'm
still in the right audience. :-)

[0] = http://initscripts-ng.alioth.debian.org/soc2006-bootsystem/index.html
[1] = http://bootdebian.blogspot.com/

regards,