[ADMIN] Request for moderators

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Sat Jun 17 08:42:02 UTC 2006

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I could do it, it I am allowed to use the listadmin package to give me

listadmin?, I will look into that one.

> Why make it so complex?  Just delete spam, and allow real posts to
> make it to the list.  If people protest about off-topic posts, I

Well, why not.  Very well, an off-topic post here and there is much better
than bouncing, IMHO.

> For the lists I moderate, I add the regular non-subscriber posters to
> the whitelist (privacy->sender filter), to allow their messages to go
> directly to the list.

This is also true of this list, but nobody asked for whitelisting yet.
Margarita was whitelisted by me just in case after her post bounced, but she
never asked for such whitelisting.

> > The moderator job will have to be suffered through the standard
> > (web) mailman interface (which is not that bad, really), and that
> > includes mailman emailing you nag notices that there are held posts.
>
> I recommend looking at the listadmin package.  With it, I moderate 19
> mailinglists in less than 30 seconds.

I will.

> > If anyone is interested, send me *direct* mail, gpg-signed (no need
> > to encrypt, but any replies with passwords WILL be encrypted).
> > Please do so only if you are willing to check for held posts at
> > least twice a day normally, and once every two days worst-case.
>
> I'm interested, but not with the rules you set up for the list.  It

If you mean the off-topic messages, I have no issues with letting that
"rule" go.  I stated it just because it is the typical way to moderate.

> will make it too much work.  If I can use my normal procedure for
> mailman moderation, it will just add 2 seconds to my listadmin run,
> and I have no problem with that.

If dropping the off-topic rule means you will moderate the list, then please
send me a gpg-signed message, and I will reply with the moderator password,
encrypted.

I'd like to have one or two more moderators if at all possible, though.
Just in case.

  Henrique Holschuh