Sys-V-Init scripts from upstart files

Erich Schubert erich.schubert at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:20:53 UTC 2007

Hello Joachim,
Sorry that I didn't make it to DebConf.

I was just wondering if we should really try to convert the upstart
script into a sysvinit shell script, or if we can just write a small
"sysv-invoke-upstart" helper application, and use a template sysvinit
script for the applications which have upstart init files.
(I'd have proposed to just create symlinks to the helper for the init
scripts, but we should try to provide LSB-compatible headers in the
generated files.)

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\