New LSB header for interactive scripts?

Dr. Werner Fink werner at suse.de
Thu Jun 25 09:35:42 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:21:45AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Dr. Werner Fink]
> > I like this idea :)
>
> Great.  I'll get it implemented in Debian soon.
>
> > And IMHO it would be great if this would become part of the next LSB
> > spec (without the X-).
>
> Yeah.  Anyone here with contacts in the LSB workgroup capable of
> pushing it into it?
>
> Should any value be accepted, or should it only accept for example
> 'true' to set the interactive flag?

`true' or `yes' would be fine ... on the other hand simply
using the keyword its is sufficient enough IMHO. That is

  # X-Interactive

marks the script as interactive as well as

whereas not using this keyword or using any other value after
the colon (even empty) should leave the script within the parallel
handling.

     Werner