The future of the boot system in Debian

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Sep 7 08:12:14 UTC 2009

[Nico Schottelius]
> Now I'm very much interested in your opinions.

Did you ever read
<URL:http://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30730/38/debconf2-initscripts-bkg.pdf>,
and check out the list of alternative boot systems?  I fail to see
what differences cinit from other existing boot systems.

One feature that was important to me when deciding how to solve the
boot sequence issue was to be compatible with the Linux Software Base,
and use the dependency format specified there.  I do not believe it is
a good idea to come up with a different format when a standardized one
exist.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen