Upstart migration progress - insserv fixed, rest to go

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat Sep 26 13:38:30 UTC 2009

Today I finally found time to make a patch for insserv to understand
the upstart-job symlink.  A draft implementation is available in the
insserv svn.  I plan to extend it a bit to make it possible to write a
test suite test for it (ie make the path /lib/init/upstart-job
configurable), but it should already be working if
/lib/init/upstart-job exist and work.

What is the status for the upstart-job implementation?  Can I test
this now, with a package with an upstart job and see if start, stop
and restart work?

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen