[Kernel-handbook-general] How to build the linux-kbuild package for a certain architecture?

Ben Hutchings ben at decadent.org.uk
Thu Sep 15 21:22:47 UTC 2016

On Thu, 2016-09-15 at 22:55 +0200, Ronny Standtke wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am trying to build a custom kernel (only for certain flavours) and
> follow the instructions in the Debian Linux Kernel Handbook. I
> successfully built the linux image, kernel header and
> linux-headers-xxx-common packages with the given examples in chapter
> "4.2.5 Building packages for one flavour".
> Unfortunately, I am still missing the linux-kbuild package for my
> architecture. Is there a way to build this package with a similar
> fakeroot command? Could you please add this information to the
> handbook?

There's no shortcut for this.  You need to do a full binary-arch build
(dpkg-buildpackage -B ...).  You can save time by disabling the
flavours you don't want in debian/config/<arch>/defines or
debian/config/<arch>/<featureset>/defines.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
Computers are not intelligent.	They only think they are.