[Letsencrypt-devel] DM application of Peter Colberg

Peter Colberg peter at colberg.org
Mon Jun 20 22:07:59 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 09:51:45PM +0000, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> I granted you DM on acmetool.

Thanks!

> I sponsored you some of these, just once (or maybe twice), but I'd like
> to see more uploads before granting DM on them.  Of course, if Dimiti
> (whom sponsored all of them…) wants to go ahead he is more than welcome
> :)
> Also, go packaging is so easy and straighforward that I can't really
> evaluate abilities with them...

I agree, debian/rules of golang packages is (ideally) trivial.

That said, I can think of quite a few metrics to evaluate maintainer
ability based on golang packaging: how carefully has debian/copyright
been composed; to which extent has the maintainer collaborated with
upstream, e.g., to motivate them to tag releases, to file pull requests
for forked packages so that the original packages can be used in Debian,
to fix their test suite, to ask for license clarification, etc.

Regards,
Peter