Lisaac: Motivation + Responsabilités [translation]

Mildred Ki'Lya ml.mildred593 at online.fr
Thu Nov 13 14:27:35 UTC 2008

> Le Mon 10/11/2008 à 22:27 Xavier Oswald à écrit:
>
> * Developing the compiler + optimisations + library. The next release
>  will include externalisation of the optimisations. From January
>  onwards Xavier will be able to work on that since he is doing his
>  training period on Lisaac.

I'd also like to work on that but i'm waiting for the compiler to
bootstrap. I already made some patches but I wasn't able to test them :/

The idea would be to implement the idea about the namespaces we had this
summer. It will be possible to add before a prototype name the name of
the directory containing it (uppercase of course) followed by the
character ':'.

I also have plenty of other ideas

When the Lisaac language will permit it, I'll try a binding of the dBus
library

I'm also working on a binding for every GObject library. I think I'm
going to use Python to generate the Lisaac prototype or it will be too
complicated to create this binding generator. A Python library already
exists to parse GObject specifications (but not documented so far).
Moreover, Lisaac don't have any good XML parser. I tried some time ago
to create a binding for Expat but I was stuck with typedef problems and
a lot of External slots required for the Expat callbacks.

In the meantime, I don't have a lot of time to work on Lisaac these
times...

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'Lya