debian package for the up-comming 0.14 version

Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.Fr
Wed Aug 5 11:26:28 UTC 2009

Hello

Just to remember that the next version of lisaac 0.14 must provide
a lisaac.c. Indeed for now the 0.13 version is not working on 64 bits
platforms, so a bootstrapping is not possible on thoses ones.

Tell me if I missed something :)

Also I have a problem with the current master branch of the alioth
projet. When I compile the project with the Makefile. It builds the
0.13.1 version and not the current 0.14 version.
Due to this problem I can not test the packaging for the next version.

I think that you are providing a new way to build the lisaac toolchain
but it is not clear to me how to build it without a working lisaac
compiler (problem of bootstrapping).

So it seems that the current state of the master branch is a mix
beetwen the current 0.14 and the old 0.13.1 version of lissac.
would it be possible to sanitize the master branch to provide all the
time the current lisaac instead of this mix.

Maybe creating a next branch for the developpement of the next lisaac
version and merging this branch into master would be a good idea.
the kind of organisation used by the git peoples themself.
http://repo.or.cz/w/git.git?a=blob;f=Documentation/howto/maintain-git.txt;h=4357e269131fad960367534ae4161fe078fee30a;hb=07a4a3b4962e1fd4e40fd877427cddd7428c1bc3

See you

Frederic