debian package for the up-comming 0.14 version

Xavier Oswald xoswald at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 13:04:15 UTC 2009

On 13:26 Wed 05 Aug     , Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> Hello
>
> Just to remember that the next version of lisaac 0.14 must provide
> a lisaac.c. Indeed for now the 0.13 version is not working on 64 bits
> platforms, so a bootstrapping is not possible on thoses ones.
>
> Tell me if I missed something :)
>
> Also I have a problem with the current master branch of the alioth
> projet. When I compile the project with the Makefile. It builds the
> 0.13.1 version and not the current 0.14 version.
> Due to this problem I can not test the packaging for the next version.

Right, since the compiler is still partly written with the old syntax that has
to ben changed for a possible bootstrap. The bootstrap should be soon possible
and then we will send a mail on the list when it's ready.

> I think that you are providing a new way to build the lisaac toolchain
> but it is not clear to me how to build it without a working lisaac
> compiler (problem of bootstrapping).

It's not ready for now.
I don't know the status but since Benoit and Mildred are doing lot of commit,
the compiler should not be in some of usable state..

> So it seems that the current state of the master branch is a mix
> beetwen the current 0.14 and the old 0.13.1 version of lissac.
> would it be possible to sanitize the master branch to provide all the
> time the current lisaac instead of this mix.

This will be done very soon.

> Maybe creating a next branch for the developpement of the next lisaac
> version and merging this branch into master would be a good idea.
> the kind of organisation used by the git peoples themself.
> http://repo.or.cz/w/git.git?a=blob;f=Documentation/howto/maintain-git.txt;h=4357e269131fad960367534ae4161fe078fee30a;hb=07a4a3b4962e1fd4e40fd877427cddd7428c1bc3

Lot of us are very new with git, so we have to wait a little bit that everybody
is more familiar with git.

Greetings,
--
  ,''`.  ** Xavier Oswald <xoswald at debian.org>