debian package for the up-comming 0.14 version

Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.Fr
Wed Aug 5 13:22:36 UTC 2009

Le Wed, 5 Aug 2009 15:04:15 +0200,
Xavier Oswald <xoswald at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Right, since the compiler is still partly written with the old syntax
> that has to ben changed for a possible bootstrap. The bootstrap
> should be soon possible and then we will send a mail on the list when
> it's ready.

ok so you mean a bootstrapping process working out of the box without an
older lisaac compilator installed ?

> > So it seems that the current state of the master branch is a mix
> > beetwen the current 0.14 and the old 0.13.1 version of lissac.
> > would it be possible to sanitize the master branch to provide all
> > the time the current lisaac instead of this mix.
>
> This will be done very soon.
>
> > Maybe creating a next branch for the developpement of the next
> > lisaac version and merging this branch into master would be a good
> > idea. the kind of organisation used by the git peoples themself.
> > http://repo.or.cz/w/git.git?a=blob;f=Documentation/howto/maintain-git.txt;h=4357e269131fad960367534ae4161fe078fee30a;hb=07a4a3b4962e1fd4e40fd877427cddd7428c1bc3
>
> Lot of us are very new with git, so we have to wait a little bit that
> everybody is more familiar with git.

I agreed it tooks me a few moments to find a sane workflow with git.
But now that I understood

a branch per topic (new idea) (not necessarely public) then merge to the
next  branch which is all the time a reflect of the futur version of
master.

then merge to master for the release.

it save me a lots of time

Chears