bootstraping of lisaac

Xavier Oswald xoswald at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 10:28:53 UTC 2009

On 11:59 Tue 25 Aug     , Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> Hello every body.
>
> I try to setup a bootstraping Makefile rule.
>
> so I attached my current Makefile
>
> my question is the way all rules have to be articulated.
>
> 1) normal user
>
> after downloading lissac it type make && make install and have a working lisaac
> on his computer.
>
> this is what this Makefile do for now.
>
> 2) lisaac developer
>
> we need a rule to build lisaac from the lisaac sources.
>
> but for this we need a running lissac executable.
>
> so we need a lisaac.c file to generate this first executable.
>
> then we can generate another lissac.c file that we can put in the
> bin directory (the one the normal user compile)
>
> what must be the name of this target ?
> did it compile the last working bin/lisaac.c (normal user taget)
> then generate a new lisaac.c in bootstrap directory (not to erase the working bin/lisaac.c)
> with the bin/lisaac
>
> how can we test that everythings was fine and that we can replace
> bin/lisaac.c with the new bootstrap/lisaac.c

The best way is to do it in 3 steps:
-> compile bin/lisaac.c
-> use bin/lisaac to compile src/lisaac.li
-> and then use src/lisaac to compile src/lisaac.li
If you do this in debug mode, you will know that the compiler is quite stable

And we have a script in lisaac/example to compile the whole set of examples.

Greetings
--
  ,''`.  ** Xavier Oswald <xoswald at debian.org>
 : :' :  ** Research Engineer