bootstraping of lisaac

Xavier Oswald xoswald at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 13:18:21 UTC 2009

On 14:37 Tue 25 Aug     , Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> Le Tue, 25 Aug 2009 12:28:53 +0200,
> Xavier Oswald <xoswald at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > The best way is to do it in 3 steps:
> > -> compile bin/lisaac.c
> > -> use bin/lisaac to compile src/lisaac.li
> > -> and then use src/lisaac to compile src/lisaac.li
> > If you do this in debug mode, you will know that the compiler is quite stable
>
> So you propose one bootstrap target doing all this ?
>
> my question was how can I be 100% sure that I can replace the /bin/lisaac.c file with
> the one compile from the .li files ?
>
> if not the replacement of the bin/lisaac.c file must be done by hand not from the
> Makefile.
>
> so to me the REFERENCE is always the bin/lisaac.c file
>
> and the bootstrat target just create a new lisaac.c file tha could be a new candidate for
> bin/lisaac.c
>

> ok ?

When we will release the compiler, the /bin/lisaac.c will be the one made but
the 3 steps I gave. For a debian package, there is no need to bootstrap the
compiler and such since the lisaac.c file is not arch dependant.

Greetings
--
  ,''`.  ** Xavier Oswald <xoswald at debian.org>
 : :' :  ** Research Engineer