Licensing of Lisaac

Nicolas Boulay nicolas.boulay at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 13:25:39 UTC 2009

2009/8/26 Mildred Ki'Lya <ml.mildred593 at gmail.com>:
> On 08/26/2009 02:59 PM, Nicolas Boulay wrote:
>> If we stay with GPLV3 you cant choose your own licence. That the main
>> limit of the GPL,here.
>>

> You can ALWAYS choose the licence for your OWN code. You may release
> under GPLv3 for the project, but there is nothing preventing you from
> releasing it using another licence as well. it's your code, you can do
> what you want with it.

You can't reuse a code in GPL in a BSD project if the whole is a
"combined form of work". That means if you project absolutrly need a
GPL code (linked or thouth the network, like a MYSQL server), you need
to follow GPL rules.

Thats our main problem today. That's  the "vaccine" behavior of the
GPL, that is too strong for us.