Licensing of Lisaac

Mildred Ki'Lya ml.mildred593 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 16:16:03 UTC 2009

On 08/26/2009 03:49 PM, Jeremy Cowgar wrote:
> The possibility of that happening is pretty small, I would think,
> although I could see your concern. We could use a MIT/BSD license that
> has a stipulation in regards to relicensing into another open source
> license only.

That's precisely the reason why the GPL and LGPL licenses were created.
Even though I love the MIT license, I think it would be a mistake to put
the whole lisaac source under the MIT license.

The MIT license basically says you can do whatever you like. If we want
restrictions (and we want them), we have to use a license designed with
them instead of trying to create our own license.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_License

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'Lya