Licensing of Lisaac

Pierre-Alexandre Voye ontologiae at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 12:47:43 UTC 2009

2009/8/26 Jeremy Cowgar <jeremy at cowgar.com>

> > So it's a very difficult question, and the debate is intense :-)
>
> It seems that the license has nothing to do with the formation of the
> association in France?

Right

> I would like to take part in the debate.

Of course !

> May I suggest that we forget about which license for a moment and agree
> upon what we want to allow to be done with Lisaac? Only when we have a
> clear definition of what we want to allow can we proceed with licensing
> debates.

I'm agree, bu we'll begin by discussing about the goals.
Will you busy sunday, we could use a chat to inform you in real time of our
talks ?

> It would be like us all taking a trip to the north pole. We all agree we
> want to go to the north pole. So, someone starts debating airline
> tickets. However, some of the group wants to walk, another part wants to
> take a dog sled, another group snow machines and a final group they want
> to fly. Debating the airline tickets is the wrong thing to be debating.

I'm agree. But we all have some though about goal, and other though about
what licence allow or disallow what. So we need to synthesis all that.