debian package and 0.39_beta thoughts

PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.fr
Sat Dec 5 19:53:24 UTC 2009

Hello,

I started working on the debian package of the 0.39 version, but...
what is this Makefile ?

there is no way to produce a debian package with this Makefile,
the installation process is interactive ????

why the current Makefile from stable is not in this package ?
It provides a dist target to produce the package, and the all target build
in a non interactive mode the lisaac program, etc...
If the current dist target is wrong it must be updated to generate the right .tar.gz

there is also no tag corresponding to the "official" 0.39 beta version in the repository.

could you add the tags in the repository and generate the .tar.gz using the right makefile

that way it will ease a lot the packaging work.

thanks.

Debian part :)

As I am using git-buildpackage to produce the debian package,
I need three dedicated branch

'upstream' (equivalent of the current stable branch)
'debian'
'pristine-tar' for the pristine tar delta (this branch help to generate the tar.gz from the upstream branch)

on the upstream branch there is tags for each package like this one upstream/0.13.1 etc..
on the debian branch they lokks like debian/0.13.1-1 etc...

so must we create thoses branches on the compiler.git repository.
or must we create a dedicated repository for the debian packaging ?

See you

Frederic