RE : Recent big changes in stable

Mildred Ki'Lya ml.mildred593 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 15:37:59 UTC 2009

On 09/06/2009 02:53 PM, PICCA Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a question about the stable branch
>
> each time we do a modification in the lisaac.li file, a new lisaac.c file is generated.
> This produce a commit of a few mega in the repository. That way the current compiler repository is
> around 180Mo ???

And if you try to run git gc and/or git repack.
For me, it's only 90MB
> can we modify the makefile to build eveything from a bootstrap lisaac so
> we can keep all the time a bin/lisaac.c that let use compile the official
> lisaac compiler used to compile shorter and everythong else.
>
> that's way no need to update all the time the bin/lisaac.c file.
>
> we just need to update it if this file do not let us compile the current lisaac.li.
>
> what do you think about this ?

I agree that we shouldn't update lisaac.c too frequently.
Especially, don't commit it with other files, it makes diff files
unreadable.

But we still need to update it sometimes, we can't really escape it.

The best solution would be I think to remove lisaac.c from the
repository, or not to have it in the history, just the latest release.
But I have no idea how to do that.

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'Lya