[Logcheck-devel] release/versioning/crit bugs

Todd Troxell ttroxell at debian.org
Thu May 6 00:29:15 UTC 2004

Hello,

There are unfortunately yet more critical problems with .19 -- #247614,
#247279 and they must be fixed before it's inception to testing.

My question is: include current .20 revisions?  And if not, should we call
this next release .20 and move the current changes to .21?  Alfie mentioned
that native packages such as ours have not used dashed revisions.

08:54 < Alfie> If there is no <debian_revision> then hyphens are not allowed.
08:54 < Alfie> And, for native packages, there aren't debian_revisions, are
there? ;)
08:54 < xtat> all of our releases are debian_revisions no?
08:55 < xtat> heh
08:55 < xtat> I don't know.
08:55 < Alfie> Well, doesn't hurt too much.
08:55 < Alfie> But lintian will at some stage issue a warning,
at least.

Regarding tagging releases, it's difficult to tag 19 revisions when there are
allready changes for .20 in CVS.  Ideas?

Also, does it seem like a waste of time to release fixes so often?  I've
never worked on a package such as this, and I wondered if I should be waiting
for more reports to come in.

Any input is appreciated, TIA.

--
[   Todd J. Troxell 	                                    ,''`.
      Student, Debian GNU/Linux Developer, SysAdmin, Geek  : :' :