[Logcheck-devel] suggested debian/control changes

maks attems debian at sternwelten.at
Fri May 7 17:10:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 07 May 2004, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

>  -) What is the Build-Depends-Indep on python needed for? From Makefile:
>
> check:
>         #cd test; python test.py
>
>  Commented out, and not used anywhere. Maybe we can/should remove it. Am
> not sure what the long time opinion on that test script are, I for my
> part am into perl and can't help there anyway, sorry.

Jon Middelton wrote that test.py,
before taking any decision please wait on his arguments.

for my part, i confess to know very little about Python,
but already stumbled about strange duplicate configs and
also duplicate rulefiles inside of logcheck/test dir.

but a test script with selected log messages for a check-install
(and a check-clean) would be nice.

a++ maks