[Logcheck-devel] debconf priority settings

Gerfried Fuchs alfie at ist.org
Thu May 13 21:38:30 UTC 2004

* maks attems <debian at sternwelten.at> [2004-05-13 11:31]:
> On Wed, 12 May 2004, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>> #v+
>>             db_get logcheck-database/conffile-cleanup
>>             if [ "$RET" = true ]; then
>>                 echo -n "Removing old conffiles from $confdir: "
>>                 for file in $rmfiles; do
>>                     rm -f $confdir/$file
>>                 done
>>                 echo "Done"
>>             fi
>> #v-
>>
>>  $RET won't become true on non-interactive debconf.
>
> well that's why i called it broken,

 Please elaborate? What is broken here? I don't get it.

> but you are right $RET = false is perhaps a good default,

 Uh? $RET is undefined iirc on non-interactive frontend, so it is not
false neither. What are you speaking about default here?

> so i'll lower the debconf priority as of my proposal.

 The only thing is that not being displayed this question will keep
cruft lying around. But that is no justification for high, yes.

 So long,
Alfie
--
<bli> Von uns allen bleibt nur Asche. Nur die DWN wird man in hundert Jahren
      noch nachlesen koennen.