[Logcheck-devel] debconf priority settings

maks attems debian at sternwelten.at
Thu May 13 22:00:28 UTC 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

> >>  $RET won't become true on non-interactive debconf.
> >
> > well that's why i called it broken,
>
>  Please elaborate? What is broken here? I don't get it.

well, if a user doesn't see aboves message,
he will have cruft laying around.
for me that doesn't sound like the best choice,
but silently removing this file under his foot
is also probably not better. hmm

> > but you are right $RET = false is perhaps a good default,
>
>  Uh? $RET is undefined iirc on non-interactive frontend, so it is not
> false neither. What are you speaking about default here?

thanks for the clarification,
i meant $RET beeing undefined for potentialy many users!
that's not a plaidoyer for priority high, but a search
for a good default that do not bother too many.

a++ maks