[Logcheck-devel] Re: [Logcheck-commits] CVS logcheck/src

Todd Troxell ttroxell at debian.org
Sat May 15 10:22:55 UTC 2004

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 11:59:47AM +0200, maks attems wrote:
> > On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 11:45:22AM +0200, maks attems wrote:
> >
> > > well i've thought about these, but are they critical?
> >
> > Yeah, I suppose they should not be fatal.  There may be others
> > that should avoid exiting too.  I was looking to catch everything.
>
> they are _not_ critical, we do not want to catch flies, do we?
>
> anyway your patch makes current logcheck fail,
> because we have _no_ /etc/logcheck/footer.txt.
> so cat fails P-)

It will not fail because of the if above:

if [ -f /etc/logcheck/footer.txt ] ; then

however, you're right, we do not want to make this a fatal error.

> as sidenote to logtail returns,
> we do actually somehow catch it's failures,
> change in your logcheck the line where we call it and
> change $file to nonsence like /tmp/fooo,
> you'll get a nice feedback from logtail that this file doesn't exist!!

Oh, cool!  I'll have to see how this effects ret val.

Cheers,
--
[   Todd J. Troxell                                         ,''`.
      Student, Debian GNU/Linux Developer, SysAdmin, Geek  : :' :