[Logcheck-devel] Re: [Logcheck-commits] CVS logcheck/src

maks attems debian at sternwelten.at
Sat May 15 10:38:30 UTC 2004

On Sat, 15 May 2004, Todd Troxell wrote:

> It will not fail because of the if above:
>
> if [ -f /etc/logcheck/footer.txt ] ; then

aah thanks, didn't see this one.
sorry for the noise.

> however, you're right, we do not want to make this a fatal error.

i'll test your changes on my server with an explicit bad acl
regarding /etc/logcheck/head.txt and will report back.

you are right that if in setintro cat fails,
we are already in bad state.

> > as sidenote to logtail returns,
> > we do actually somehow catch it's failures,
> > change in your logcheck the line where we call it and
> > change $file to nonsence like /tmp/fooo,
> > you'll get a nice feedback from logtail that this file doesn't exist!!
>
> Oh, cool!  I'll have to see how this effects ret val.

as far as i remember no need, to check ret val,
you'll get an email with the error.

a++ maks