[Logcheck-devel] README.Debian

maks attems debian at sternwelten.at
Mon May 17 22:20:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

> * maks attems <debian at sternwelten.at> [2004-05-13 11:22]:
> > On Wed, 12 May 2004, Eric Evans wrote:
> >> My understanding is that README.Debian is used to indicate differences
> >> between the Debianized version and the original package. Since logcheck
> >> is Debian native, these are one and the same.
[..]

>  Take it this way: README.Debian is to README like changelog.Debian.gz
> to changelog.gz. If we are native we only have changelog.gz and shall
> only have README.

ok we need to decide this in the longrun!

a file that could be moved is logtail.8,
should probably be under docs and not debian?

thanks for your arguments regarding README.logcheck,
make sense to leave it.
anyway i must have been blind not to see existing
/usr/share/doc/logcheck/README.Debian.

cu maks