[Logcheck-devel] Freeze on 1.2.21

maks attems debian at sternwelten.at
Thu May 27 06:48:32 UTC 2004

hey todd,

logcheck 1.2.20a is schedulded to move to sarge tomorrow:
http://bjorn.haxx.se/debian/testing.pl?package=logcheck
cool

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Todd Troxell wrote:

> (So freeze meaning fix things we broke in .21 | critical problems)
> It looks like Maks has 1.2.21 testing packages up on debian.stro.at, so lets
> try to catch any bugs in these and prepare for upload within the next week.

yeeah please test out that package, it has all the latest fixes
to manpage etc...
it's running fine on my laptop, but one never knows..

> Stuff for .22:
> -test mode
> -figure out why logcheck pre-depends on logtail
> -other lintian issues
> -the usual batch of rule updates
>
> Did I miss anything?

yeaah :-D

- Rename "Attack Alerts" to "Security Violations"
  -> restructure rule dirs.

- me gets bitten by greplogoutput bug i already mentioned,
but i can't find a trivial fix, need to understand that
bastard function. ;-)
will work on that for .22

- Related to that Alfie's template fix on _which_ file we use for
  ignoring security, system events.

> p.s. maks' apt line for testing is:
> deb http://debian.stro.at sarge/

feel free to add that to your sources.list,
you may need to reinstall to get latest,
if you already running prior 1.2.21?

good release
a++ maks