[Logcheck-devel] Some rules that piled up on my notebook

Gerfried Fuchs alfie at ist.org
Wed Nov 10 14:24:14 UTC 2004

* maks attems <debian at sternwelten.at> [2004-11-10 12:16]:
> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>>  Please find them attached for inspection. The Real Time Clock entry in
>> local-usb is misplaced, I know -- but I wasn't sure how to name that
>> file. :)   And some of the dhclient entries might not be worth to really
>> ignore -- at least I don't want them, but that might result from my
>> b0rked pcmcia slot and the annoying amount of those lines through this.
>
> personally i'm not so motivated to move dmesg stuff into logcheck,
> the kernel printk change easily and vary from version to version.

 I'm not sure which thing you call dmesg stuff *hmm*  The kernel rules
about usb? Or something else?

> some of your usb stuff is quite similar to #277644,
> would be cool to include the rules that you both use.
> although i suggest level workstation for them?!

 I've put all my rules into ignore.d.server out of lazyness, to easier
find them. Yes, they should be split appropriately, of course.

 About merging them with the one in the bugreport, no objection. I guess
my rules are strict enough to not raise the call for log rules -- but I
can provide them if you prefer.  :)

> aren't you francine maintainer?

 *whistleinnocently*

> why not add there a logcheck rule for level workstation for the login?

 There are some other things with francine that I need to address (like,
pam implementation is quite buggy -- help wanted! :), too... I just
currently don't know when I'll find the time to do it, so I think it
would be nice to have this single line in here for the time being.

 So long,
Alfie
--
ohne speicher, tastatur, mouse, pladde, monitor, also nur die Hardware...
                                  -- _DeadBull_ in #debian.de