[Logcheck-devel] Some rules that piled up on my notebook

Gerfried Fuchs alfie at ist.org
Thu Nov 11 10:24:47 UTC 2004

* maks attems <debian at sternwelten.at> [2004-11-10 18:42]:
> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>>  I'm not sure which thing you call dmesg stuff *hmm*  The kernel rules
>> about usb? Or something else?
>
> yeah, i know how fast it is to change such a printk.

 As it is in any other program....  I don't really buy that reasoning.

> also this is often startup stuff from hotplug seen in reboot mail.

 Well, I get these messages everytime I plug my usb nic in and out. So
it is not that stuff that is in reboot mails. But I guess I know what
you are talking about. Hard to decide...  I'll keep it in my local file,
at least.

 usb stuff is there for often being plugged in and out, you know? :)

>>  I've put all my rules into ignore.d.server out of lazyness, to easier
>> find them. Yes, they should be split appropriately, of course.
>
> yes please i would prefer them at level workstation,
> there we have already different kernel rules.

 No problem.

> hmm have you looked at gpm, how it does the pam implementation.
> looks to be the nicest code from {g,k,w,x}dm?

 Thanks for the hint, I'll give it a try.

> i have never looked at the debhelper script we include,
> i was shure you would shake some bugs out of it.
> zut, attempt didn't work.. ;-)

 Well, wouldn't work anyway because I decline to use debhelper for my
packages.

 So long,
Alfie
--