[ttroxell at debian.org: Re: [Logcheck-devel] issue with permissions]

Todd Troxell ttroxell at debian.org
Sat Oct 23 18:39:23 UTC 2004

forgot CC:

----- Forwarded message from Todd Troxell <ttroxell at debian.org> -----

From: Todd Troxell <ttroxell at debian.org>
To: maks attems <debian at sternwelten.at>
Subject: Re: [Logcheck-devel] issue with permissions

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 10:04:52PM +0200, maks attems wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, maks attems wrote:
>
> sorry my aboves was quite broken, better proposition (sort of diff):

Sorry, I read your text and not your patch.  <:  I thought you meant to
remove the conditionals and set owners and permissions always?

> what about changing our tactics and unconditionalize aboves permissions
> fixes, is anyway a good idea for loca-foo files?

Yeahhh, this might be a problem simply because we are not supposed to modify
things that we didn't create. :\  Hmmmmm

> we might have problems if the user logcheck doesn't exist so.
> so better check before:
> if [ $(getent passwd logcheck | awk -F: '{print $1}') != "logcheck" ]; then
> 	# Add logcheck user
> fi
>  	# Fix Permissions

Sounds reasonable...

I will ponder this a bit..  Any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers,
--
[   Todd J. Troxell                                         ,''`.
      Student, Debian GNU/Linux Developer, SysAdmin, Geek  : :' :

----- End forwarded message -----