[ttroxell at debian.org: Re: [Logcheck-devel] issue with permissions]

maks attems debian at sternwelten.at
Wed Oct 27 17:30:15 UTC 2004

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Todd Troxell wrote:

> ----- Forwarded message from Todd Troxell <ttroxell at debian.org> -----
>
> Sorry, I read your text and not your patch.  <:  I thought you meant to
> remove the conditionals and set owners and permissions always?

done in current cvs.

> > what about changing our tactics and unconditionalize aboves permissions
> > fixes, is anyway a good idea for loca-foo files?
>
> Yeahhh, this might be a problem simply because we are not supposed to modify
> things that we didn't create. :\  Hmmmmm

they might be not readable by logcheck,
and files under /etc/logcheck are supposedly for logcheck.

> Sounds reasonable...
>
> I will ponder this a bit..  Any suggestions are welcome.

looked around and implemented distcc bits,
you may want to look at gdm for alternate way.

tests of current cvs are welcome, had no time yet to prepare a test deb.
my Makefile changes may interfer also?

so be cautious, my load is so high currently,
that's the most i could atm, will try to be back that weekend
for more solid stuff. so please do not rush.

--
maks