[Logcheck-devel] debug logs bis

Jamie L. Penman-Smithson lists at silverdream.org
Thu Apr 21 16:11:52 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 18:23 +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> hello guys,
>
> usually when confronted to debug messages,
> we decline because of the huge amount of work they represent.
> also our ruleset is quite impressive yet, and needs some processing.
<snip>
> almost any ppp tutorial features an debug line.
> so our policy regarding debug messages may be too strict,
> and may need to be looked at case by case.
>
> what do you think?

I think Todd's idea of having a separate rule directory for debug (and
possibly start/stop messages(?)) messages is a good one:

"We get a lot of requests for start/stop messages and debug messages.
I'm not really up for supporting debug messages, but if people want to
write patches, I will include a new "optional" rule directory (perhaps
there is a better name for this) that will be disabled by default, but
allow for submission of start/stop messages and debug messages."

-j