[Logcheck-devel] contribution to debian logcheck.

Todd Troxell ttroxell at debian.org
Thu Sep 1 15:34:03 UTC 2005

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 06:11:11PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Thu, 01 Sep 2005, Jitendra Pawar wrote:
>
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have some questions regarding contributing to debian logcheck, thanks
> > for your time.
> >
> > I would like to do some work and contribute to debian. I already did
> > contribution for main line binutils.
> >
> > I am using Fedora core-3 as my desktop.
> > I have downloaded cvs source using command:
> >
> > cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/logcheck login
> >
> > cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/logcheck co
> > logcheck
> >
> > when I tried to run logcheck I got following error:
> > [jitendra at chanakya src]$ ./logcheck
> > ./logcheck: line 492: /etc/logcheck/logcheck.conf: No such file or
> > directory
> well the current script assumes you have got that file,
> as usually when run in a debian env the package management takes care
> to install such a file.
> a quick guess is that we shouldn't fail and have fallbacks on the top.
> i'll investigate that

Good idea.

> > ./logcheck: line 86: kill: (4436) - No such process
> hmm the bash trap gone crazy, strange.

This is because of the lack of lockfile-progs.  It grabbed the last PID
executed in the script and tried to kill it.

I think we should add a check to see if the user has the necessary
lockfile-progs.

--
[   Todd J. Troxell                                         ,''`.
      Student, Debian GNU/Linux Developer, SysAdmin, Geek  : :' :