[Logcheck-devel] contribution to debian logcheck.

maximilian attems debian at sternwelten.at
Tue Sep 6 16:42:45 UTC 2005

hey jitendra,

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005, Jitendra Pawar wrote:

> > > I have attached output of 'ls -l /var/log' in varlog.txt file.
> >
> > cool thanks, searched for a syslog there but found none.
> > is no syslog daemon running per default in fedora?
> > or is it's logfile buried deeper?
> Yes syslog deamon is running by default in fedora.
> But I am not sure about whether it keeps log files in /val/log or
> elsewhere.

it should be there, usually those are just named syslog,
but i didn't find that in your output.

> I have tried to run logcheck by creating user named 'logcheck'.
> I have also asigned permissions for '/etc/logcheck'
> and /var/spool/clientmqueue directories to logcheck user.
> But still it stuck in the middle as shown below:
> -----------------------------------
> [logcheck at chanakya src]$ sudo -u logcheck /usr/sbin/logcheck
> /usr/sbin/logcheck: line 604: lockfile-touch: command not found
> sort: open failed: /tmp/logcheck.wL7359/logoutput/*: No such file or
> directory
> /usr/sbin/logcheck: line 134: kill: (7358) - No such process
> /usr/sbin/logcheck: line 86: kill: (7358) - No such process
> WARNING: RunAsUser for MSP ignored, check group ids (egid=502, want=51)

seems you are not running latest logcheck cvs, please pull it with
cvs up
and alos you will need those lockfile-progs as lockfile-touch?

hope that helps a bit and looking forward to read you soon.

--
maks