[Logcheck-devel] contribution to debian logcheck.

Jitendra Pawar jitendra at linsyssoft.com
Tue Sep 6 11:27:55 UTC 2005

Hi maks,

> > I have attached output of 'ls -l /var/log' in varlog.txt file.
>
> cool thanks, searched for a syslog there but found none.
> is no syslog daemon running per default in fedora?
> or is it's logfile buried deeper?
Yes syslog deamon is running by default in fedora.
But I am not sure about whether it keeps log files in /val/log or
elsewhere.

I have tried to run logcheck by creating user named 'logcheck'.
I have also asigned permissions for '/etc/logcheck'
and /var/spool/clientmqueue directories to logcheck user.
But still it stuck in the middle as shown below:
-----------------------------------
[logcheck at chanakya src]$ sudo -u logcheck /usr/sbin/logcheck
/usr/sbin/logcheck: line 604: lockfile-touch: command not found
sort: open failed: /tmp/logcheck.wL7359/logoutput/*: No such file or
directory
/usr/sbin/logcheck: line 134: kill: (7358) - No such process
/usr/sbin/logcheck: line 86: kill: (7358) - No such process
WARNING: RunAsUser for MSP ignored, check group ids (egid=502, want=51)

regards

:-)
Jitendra